Sunday, September 7, 2014

Say "I love you". 好きっていいなよ。

Just saw an anime based on the manga Say "I love you". ( 好きっていいなよ。) and it was so sweet! I loved the relationship that develops between Mei and Yamato,  as well as the friendships and new connections with their classmates. 


I didn't much care for the English dubbing so I watched them in the original Japanese with subtitles instead. The opening song is beautiful!



The story is about a very shy girl named Mei that has given up on friendships because she was blamed and rejected by peers years ago. Still wanting to avoid bullying, Mei is now in high school and avoiding socialization. But Yamato, the most popular boy in school, notices her and finds her interesting and refreshing in her honesty and quirkiness. Ultimately, it's a cute romance and about learning to risk some hurts in order to find connection, love, and acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment