Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunters #6)

Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There's just something about Nalini Singh's romances that gets to my heart. I love her affectionate heroes in her Psy/Changling series but it's her Guild Hunters and Angels that fascinate me most. I love the dark themes and her crazy angels that are not human, and questionable at best in their connection to "heaven". It's a favorite series for me, and I loved reading the story through Elena and Raphael's perspective in the first two books. I hadn't expected there to be main character changes after that. When it happened it didn't work for me as well, especially Jason's story which I found a tad boring.

So I was thrilled to be back with Elena and Raphael as chief characters in this one, and I loved how their relationship grew. Seeing Elena challenge Raphael and actually fight to get him to see her as a full equal in their relationship as well as in the angel world was interesting. I liked seeing how it was a real struggle for them as a couple. It's almost never shown in paranormal romances for the "true love" couple to struggle as they navigate their relationship. It made for nice subplot.

I also liked seeing the personality of Aodhan develop and learning of his connection to Illium, the blue winged angel that is hands-down my favorite:)
Illium's story is still a ways off, I've heard, but I can't wait to read his book lol. And speaking of previous relationships, I loved the consistency between Elena and Dmitri, who don't exactly dislike each other but they ain't bosom buddies neither, hahahaha!! That shit cracked me up.

Final Word: Archangel's Legion is a winner :D 


This book was a library copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment