Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Echo Emerson is a girl suffering amnesia about a terrible night. She knows something bad happened but can't seem to recall what, no matter how hard she tries. Noah Hutchins is the loner-type bad boy that seems unreachable, but also really hot. Thrown together in shared classes and then again in the counselor's offices, Noah and Echo are drawn to each other.
I freakin' loved this book. As per usual, I found out about this series from the teens at my library. We couldn't keep it on the shelves, and I kept having to add each new teen requesting it to our ever growing hold list over the summer. So of course I did what any good librarian does and added myself to that list too! lol
Now, it took me a bit to get it but once I did I couldn't put it down and read it over the course of two nights. I like YA that includes kids from different backgrounds and living situations, and this series follows a group of teens that have been through the foster system. It's also a romance so there's plenty of love and learning to trust another person, but it also has a counselor/therapist as a major character helping the main characters navigate the intense issues and traumas they are dealing with. I liked that. Too often the adult supposed to help is a negative force without any counter-balance, but in this book the therapist is at first untrusted and then proves themselves to be a person/adult that cares and can actually help.
Bottom line, this series is addictively (yes I made up that word) good and worth the wait:)

This book was a library copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment