Monday, February 6, 2012

Heir of my Sundays

Of course I'm not unique in my new obsession, but ZOMG I LOVE DOWNTON ABBEY! The British tv series airs on PBS Masterpiece and has completely inherited my Sundays:) I didn't begin watching until this year when, in preparation for Season 2, PBS ran a marathon of Season 1. I watched it all in one sitting and now greedily await each new episode. 
The show begins in the early 1900s with the Crawley family losing their heir on the Titanic and waiting to see who will be next in line;the Earl of Grantham and his family currently live at Downton with their staff but since the daughters can not inherit, they are forced to find a male relative for next in line. Season 1 then leaves us as the first World War breaks out in 1914. Season 2 picked up there and is now running with just 2 more episodes to go, but already Season 3 is making news as it's been confirmed that Shirley MacLaine has been cast as Lady Grantham’s mother, Martha Levinson! 
And though I'm aware there are many who don't like her, I just love Lady Mary and am hoping she and Matthew will end up together. I really don't think she's as cold as she pretends to be and there's just something about her chemistry with Matthew that makes me feel like they'd be happy together if they could just work it out, lol. 

1 comment: