Saturday, August 20, 2011

•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆wishlist 08•20•2011

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

Reading level/Genre: Biography-Humor

Hardcover: 277 pages 

Publisher: Reagan Arthur/Little, Brown and Company; 

(April 5, 2011)


Summary (via goodreads):
In her acceptance speech for Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, Tina Fey announced that she was proud to make her home in "the 'not-real America'." It is perhaps that healthy sense of incongruity that makes the head writer, executive producer, and star of NBC's Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock such a cogent observer of the contemporary scene. Bossypants, her entertaining new memoir, shows that strangeness has been her constant companion. Fey's stories about her childhood in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania are only appetizers for LOL forays into her college disasters, honeymoon catastrophes, and Saturday Night Live shenanigans. Most funny read of the month; the best possible weekend update.

I think Tina Fey is one genius of a comedian and I've been meaning to get her book, Bossypants. I love her SNL skits and even her interviews are funny. I especially like when she collaborates with Amy Poehler:)

 Reading level/Genre: YA - Horror
Hardcover: 277 pages 

Publisher: Quirk Publishing - June 7, 2011


Summary (via goodreads):
A mysterious island.
An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

Author Danny Marks sold me on this one, after talking about how creepy and awesome weird this book by Ransom Riggs is. Ransom Riggs is the same guy who posted this popular Youtube short and also the guy that did the book trailer for Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (which I loved!) a couple years ago. Here's the vid for Miss Peregrine's: http://youtu.be/XWrNyVhSJUU

Gah! no matter what I do I cant friggin' get this thing to embed so it's just the link, sorry.
Blogger has been weird ever since it changed a couple weeks ago :-/


8 comments:

  1. I totally want Bossypants too! I adore Tina Fey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina Fey is hilarious and Miss Peregrine looks really creepy. Great picks!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Tina Fey! Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Tiny Fey! Everything she touches turns to funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children myself. Sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children" is also on my wishlist, it sounds so special and great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also want to read Miss Peregrine's... This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine's, I hope you do too once you get your hands on it! :)

    ReplyDelete