Thursday, March 17, 2011

Books to Movies update: Hunger Games

So an actress has been finalized for Katniss! What do y'all think? She seems like she can pull it off, though I've only ever seen her in Winter's Bone. I guess that's why I think so; she sort of played a similar character: girl living in poverty, going to extremes (though not as dire as in Hunger Games) to survive, and living in a part of the States that's pretty comparable to how Collins' has described the Seam's Appalachian heritage. Guess we'll have to wait for some trailers to see for sure...

"Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone) will play the role of Katniss in The Hunger Games, based on the bestselling novels by Suzanne Collins, the Wrap reported. Lionsgate "plans the franchise as a trilogy which will include The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Gary Ross (Seabiscuit) is directing the film, which will debut on March 23, 2012."


Several actors are rumored to be under consideration for the role of Peeta Mellark, including Alex Pettyfer (I Am Number Four), Josh Hutcherson (The Kids Are All Right, Bridge to Terabithia) and Hunter Parrish (Weeds), the Wrap wrote."  info via Shelf Awareness 03-17-11

4 comments:

  1. not a bad choice! i havent seen Winter's Bone either... let's hope she does a great Katniss! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty hopeful she'll be great since she was nominated for an Oscar; I think it's a good start to the cast so far too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't look like the Katniss I had imaginated, but I think she can pull it off. I'm curious to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ABeautifulMadness- same here; I hope if they give her contacts they dont look too fake..maybe they can change her eye color digitally instead. After all they aged and un-aged Benjamin Button lol

    ReplyDelete