Friday, March 11, 2011

Bones

Argh, I know I've been an awful blogger as of late but after reading tons of journal articles, textbooks and filling out some scholarship apps I've been in no mood to kill my tired eyes and brain online. And that's left only one alternative:
Yep, rotting my eyes and brain with TV, hahaha! But not bad TV, awesome Netflix showings of stuff I never had time to see but heard people mention. The first one I checked out was Bones with Emily Deschanel playing the forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan and David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. I love most good crime shows but since I personally never cared for CSI, I doubted I'd like Bones. Instead I find myself *LOVING* it!! There's a little bit of campy-ness to it but overall the mix of quirky and dark are exactly my kind of show.  
The first season left me dying for more and I immediately started playing Season 2, thank goodness to Instant Play. I'm enjoying the tension between Booth and Brennan more than I ever thought I would without yelling "hurry up!" at the television screen. But now that I'm about to begin Season 3 I'm pretty antsy to see at least something occur between the two. 
What's funny is Brennan's best friend Angela really annoys me! lol 
I'm not exactly sure why though, except that she just seems like she's always out of sorts. I love Hodgins and Zack. Cam is cool but I preferred Season 1's Dr. Daniel Goodman. I thought he was funnier with his old man grumpiness and poking at Hodgins. I've been watching a couple other shows too, so I'll probably be posting some thoughts on those as well. Anyone else a fan of Bones
I definitely recommend you check it out if you haven't yet :D

5 comments:

  1. I love that series too! We've fallen behind, but like you said, thank goodness for instant play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instant play is the best medicine for stress isnt it?! I'm loving Season 3 already but hate that disc 5 of the season is for some reason only available through mail! Why'd Netflix do that?! *grrr*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Bones!!! =D

    I do like Angela though hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sue =)

    @Larissa LOL yeah, I'm getting used to Angela, but it just seems like she's always upset. I'm almost done with season 4 but holy crap did I NOT see the ending of season 3 coming! I still waffle back n forth as to whether or not I liked that ending!

    ReplyDelete