Saturday, January 15, 2011

•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆wishlist 01•15•2011

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here


It's been a while since I've done a wishlist but this one is exciting! I liked the cover, summary, and then got hooked by the 30 page preview I read for it. It's called Blood Red Road and sounds like it could be just my kind of book:

Hardcover 448 pages
Reading level/Genre: Young Adult 
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry/imprint of Simon&Schuster 
(June 07, 2011)


Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when a monster sandstorm arrives, along with four cloaked horsemen, Saba's world is shattered. Lugh is captured, and Saba embarks on an epic quest to get him back.

Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the world outside of desolate Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh to guide her. So perhaps the most surprising thing of all is what Saba learns about herself: she's a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.

Blood Red Road has a searing pace, a poetically minimal writing style, violent action, and an epic love story. Moira Young is one of the most promising and startling new voices in teen fiction.(product details via goodreads.com) 

So check out the sneak peek!

13 comments:

  1. I've not seen this one before, but I'm definitely putting it on my wishlist!

    Thanks for pointing this one out,
    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this before. But definitely sounds like a really good adventure novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not one I've seen before but does sound good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the preview the other day too! It sounded good, a completely different kind of YA than what I've been reading lately and it went on my long-term wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your book soon and that it is everything you hope them to be. Wanna see what is On My Wishlist?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seen this book around and it sounds good , I hope you get to read this soon.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you're a Dexter fan too! Love that show! I hope you get this book soon!

    Here's mine: As the Pages Turn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blood Red Road sounds interesting. Ten new wishes added to my wishlist. Some of them are belated Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got Blood Red Road on my TBR list as well. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jennifer, Nadea, BCC - thanks :)

    @Barbara - It does sound different from most YA summaries I've read too; I did't even realize it was YA at first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ing- I LOVE Dex! lol
    well, the show, I haven't read any of the books yet. But I love that show so much it takes all my willpower not to spend money I aint got on Showtime hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Melissa & Samantha- I hope yall get it and that it's as good as it's looking :D

    ReplyDelete