Friday, January 7, 2011

Review: Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Title: Practice Makes Perfect
Author(s): Julie James
Reading Level/Genre: Romance - Contemporary
Hardcover:304 pages
ISBN:978-0425226742 
Publisher: Berkley (March 03, 2009)

I wanted so badly to put this in my top ten of 2010 because even though it came out in 2009, I didn't read it until this summer. And I love, lOvE, LOVED it! Julie James Rawks!! 
This was my first of her books but I definitely started reading them all; Practice Makes Perfect was a sweet, witty, legal romance that had me laughing and gasping at some of the antics that the leading peeps, Payton & J.D., cook up for each other.
As they contend for a solo spot in their law firm to make partner, their long standing competitiveness, avoidance, and general annoyance with each other turns into blood thirsty war....and fireworks;)
If your looking for a contemporary romance with a hilarious yet smart leading lady, get this book. It's my favorite of the 3 Julie's written so far. Her others are Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Something About You. Can't wait for A Lot Like Love in March!

2 comments:

  1. great review! I keep seeing this author, might need to check it out hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. u should! For a while I thought I didnt like contemporary romance b/c so many seemed cheesy, but this book totally changed my mind. I laughed a lot while reading it and found Payton to be actually funny instead of cute.
    She had moxie and made it fun:)

    ReplyDelete