Sunday, January 9, 2011

No Words...

My post today was supposed to be about a book. 
But I just can't get the tragic events of Saturday morning out of my mind. As I'm sure you have heard by now, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head at a community event. Eighteen other people were also shot; six have been confirmed dead, including 9 year old Christina Taylor Greene.
This is not about politics. I just want to express my condolences for the victims and their families. All are in my prayers and thoughts tonight. May those hurt recover fully and quickly. May there be peace for the ones lost in this senseless act of violence:
-John Roll, 63, a federal district court judge
-Gabriel Zimmerman, 30, Giffords' director of community outreach
-Dorwin Stoddard, 76, a pastor at Mountain Ave. Church of Christ
-Christina Greene, 9, a student at Mesa Verde Elementary
-Dorthy Murray, 76
-Phyllis Scheck, 79
*as reported by The Pima County Sheriff's Office

2 comments:

  1. I had actually not heard that. I worked all day yesterday at a conference...How sick. I am going to look for more info about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this yesterday in the news, very sad.

    ReplyDelete