Saturday, January 1, 2011

❥My Top 10 Most Coveted Books of 2011❥


There are a ton of books coming out this year and I don't know if I'll be able to keep up but these listed are definitely gonna be my priority and pre-ordered/purchased asap :)


There are 3 romance titles, 5 YA, and the rest Adult/Paranormal Fiction. I cheated a bit at the end and listed 3 books by Richelle Mead as 1 spot in the list because honestly, I couldn't bear to not include them all. Her books pretty much end up purchased by moi no matter what lol




I read chapter 1 of Across the Universe off the link from the FB page and was sucked in from page one. It's been a while since I've read a good straight up Sci-Fi book, especially one in the YA range, so I'm excited. And I was lucky enough to win a copy from LibraryThing so I'll be posting my review as soon as I finish:D
It releases January 11th 2011 though, so you don't have to wait but a few days to yourself copy too!


I love lOvE LoVe dystopics so when Melissa Marr mentioned Divergent was fab on twitter, I promptly took note. Her rec's haven't lead me wrong yet, and I can't wait to pick it up when it releases May 3, 2011.

The cover alone got me wantin' this baby. But read the summary and it gets even better! 
It's a YA dystopian where everything "is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play." It releases June 7th, 2011.
How Possession starts:
Good girls don't walk with boys. Even if they're Good boys--and Zenn is the best.



The Dark and Hollow Places. I absolutely love that title. And book 1, Forest of Hands and Teeth is one of those zombie books that has stuck with me so I can't wait to read this when it comes out in March 22, 2011.



This dark romance has me addicted, thank God it releases January 25, 2011!

Yep, pretty much the same story here;except it doesn't come out till May 31, 2011 so I have to endure a torturous wait :-/


I read chapters 1&2 of Werewolf in Manhattan on Vicki's website and fell in love with the story immediately! It's a mix of the adorable cover and her writing that did it, and I'm seriously excited to get my paws on it when it releases this week January 4, 2011!



Ever love a character(s) so much you wish ya knew 'em? That's how I feel about Mercy and her crew. Such a funny, interesting, and exciting bunch of characters and plots! Even if you think you don't usually like paranormal fiction I think you'd enjoy these books:) River Marked releases March 1, 2011.



Marr's Wicked Lovely series has been one of the best darkly fey YA I've read and now her  Adult Fiction novel Graveminder seems just as delicious! It releases May 2011 and is about a girl named Rebekkah Barrow, and her grandmother Maylene's strange ritual: three sips from a small silver flask followed by the words “Sleep well, and stay where I put you.” 
Count me in for that creepy-creeps for sure!!




As I said above, Richelle Mead's books are a must for me. Bloodlines is set to release around late summer/early fall of 2011. It's a YA spin-off from her Vampire Academy world, which I loved. I'm hoping that the side characters she mentions as continuing on in it include Adrian. Don't get me wrong, I loved Dimitri but Adrian was always tugging at my heart as well.
Iron Crowned( March 2011) is the 3rd in her Dark Swan series and I can't wait to see how things work out between Eugenie, Dorian, and that other guy. haha!
But it's her Georgina Kincaid series that really gets me all affected,lol. Damn, I love this story. Seth and Georgina just have to make it! Succubus Revelations, book 6 doesn't release till September 2011 and I just don't know how I'm going to cope with all that coveting till then :P

6 comments:

  1. I definitely have my eye on Divergent as well. I actually have a copy of Across the Universe and can't wait to read it! This is a great list. 2011 is shaping up to be a great book year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, 2011 already has so many great book prospects. And yay! you have Across the Universe too! Cant wait to hear what you think of it when you finish. I'm reading it one chapter a day at work right now but I've a good feeling it's coming home with me tomorrow as the story picks up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that actually the cover of "Bloodlines"? If so, its kinda pretty! And I also loved "The Forest of Hands and Teeth", so I cannot wait for Carried Ryan's new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Avery! I'm not sure if it's the final cover but it is the one that's on Amazon right now when you preorder it. I like the simplicity of the cover too, it lends to the mystery of the new series and my wondering of who exactly is gonna be in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ggreat picks! Across the universe is brilliant! Im also dying for River Marked and new ones from Richelle mead! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx Larissa:)
    I'm in the middle of Across the Universe right now actually and it's causing many sleep-deprived days at work,lol
    I'm a slow-ish reader and have been cheating on my bedtime to read more!

    ReplyDelete