Saturday, October 2, 2010

•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ wishlist

 

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here!

Both the books I'm wishing to get asap are purple-y perfection! lol
One is a Romance and one is YA:

I used to think I didn't like contemporary romances; then I found Julie James! Her books are fabulous, with just the right wit, charm, love, and sexiness :)
My favorite so far is Practice Makes Perfect which I need to review It's soooo good! I'm excited about this one.
A Lot Like Love by Julie James
Reading level/Genre: Romance-Contemporary
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Berkley (March 01, 2011)
                                                                                                                      
The FBI wants her cooperation.

As the daughter of a billionaire and the owner of the city’s top wine store, Jordan Rhodes is invited to the most exclusive parties in Chicago. But there’s only one party the FBI wants to crash: the charity fundraiser of a famous restaurateur, who also happens to launder money for the mob. In exchange for her brother’s release from prison, Jordan is going to be there — with a date supplied by the Bureau.

Agent McCall just wants her.

As the top undercover agent in Chicago, Nick McCall has one rule: never get personal. This “date” with Jordan Rhodes is merely an assignment — one they’re both determined to pull off even if they can’t be together for five minutes before the sarcasm and sparks begin to fly. But when Nick’s investigation is compromised, he and Jordan have no choice but to pretend they’re a couple, and what starts out as a simple assignment begins to feel a lot like something more...

(product details via goodreads.com)


I absolutely adore Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series and can't wait to read the final book, Darkest Mercy! Seth, Irial, Aislinn, Niall, Donia, I'm just obsessed with all of them and their faery world!




                              Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely series, #5)

Reading level/Genre: Young Adult -Paranormal
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins (February 22, 2011)
ISBN-13:  978-0061659256 

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the faery courts, and in the final conflict, some will win…and some will lose everything.

The exhilarating conclusion to Melissa Marr’s New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless.

(product details via goodreads.com)

6 comments:

  1. Both of these books sound VERY interesting! Off to add them both to my wishlist.

    Dropping by from Book Chick City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of Darkest Mercy and the cover's good too. You can see what's On My Wishlist here

    Don't forget you can link your banned book reviews on this weeks Read My Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your books. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I never read either of these books I could look at those beautiful purple covers forever! Bella hope you get both James and Marr's book to read soon!

    My Wish List is for an E-book which unless I get a Kindle to read will have to wait until it comes out in MMPB!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. FBI in action! Oh, got to check this out! and the cover looks nice too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start the WL series. Looks like a great book for that series! Hope you get them all.

    Btw, thanks so much for putting my button for Halloween on your blog. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete