Saturday, August 28, 2010

•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ wishlist

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here
I'm a bit late posting, but I really wanted to do it since there are some great books I'm looking forward to; better late than never! So these are my books wishes, which I'm sending out into the universe :) 
Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter Series, #3)
Reading level/Genre: Paranormal Romance

Paperback: 352 pages

Publisher: Berkley (January 25, 2011)

ISBN-13:  978-0425240137 

(product details via amazon.com) 

 There wasn't a summary on Amazon for this one yet, but I love this series and Nalini Singh's romance books. The Guild Hunter series has angels, vampires, and people like Elena, which are humans but with special skills as "guild hunters".  The guild hunters' jobs are to do everything they can to protect the human race in a world where paranormal creatures exist. Now, you might think the angels would do that but you'd be wrong. In this series angels are a breed all there own, and have concerns of their own that don't include necessarily worrying about humans. It's an interesting twist, and the stories are pretty dark but I can't wait to see what happens next. Plus, this cover is absolutely gorgeous!



The Iron Duke

Reading level/Genre: Steampunk Romance

Paperback: 384 pages

Publisher: Berkley (October 05, 2010)

ISBN-13:  978-0425236673 

First in an all-new series where seductive danger and steampunk adventure abound in the gritty world of the Iron Seas.

After the Iron Duke freed England from Horde control, he instantly became a national hero. Now Rhys Trahaearn has built a merchant empire on the power-and fear-of his name. And when a dead body is dropped from an airship onto his doorstep, bringing Detective Inspector Mina Wentworth into his dangerous world, he intends to make her his next possession.

But when Mina uncovers the victim's identity, she stumbles upon a conspiracy that threatens the lives of everyone in England. To save them, Mina and Rhys must race across zombie-infested wastelands and treacherous oceans-and Mina discovers the danger is not only to her countrymen, as she finds herself tempted to give up everything to the Iron Duke. 

(product details via amazon.com) 

I haven't read a Steampunk romance before but I'm intrigued with the idea of such a thing. I lke the aesthetic look of the Victorian mixed with scientific and steam-powered inventions.

Across the Universe
Reading level/Genre: YA Dystopic Fiction/Fantasy

Hardcover: 400 pages

Publisher: Penguin/Razorbill (January 11, 2011)

ISBN-13:  978-1595143976
 (product details via amazon.com) 
 
And last but not least, a YA book that I found on Facebook with the 1st chapter available to read. It's so good already and I can't wait to read the rest!! If you go to the FB page and "like" it, you can read chapter 1 and then comment on it to be entered to win an ARC! I reeeeally wants this one :)

5 comments:

  1. Me too, I want Singh and Brook's books as love both their works so far.... The other one have not heard of, hope you get all your wishes!

    Thanks for stopping by mine earlier too Bella!

    Jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for Archangel's Consort is so pretty. And I like the look of that Steampunk book. Never tried that genre before but I might try it since I keep seeing steampunk romances pop up lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am hopping and wishing for Across the Universe!! Its cover its... breath taking. Archangels consort funny enough I just added it another fellow blogger is also wishing for it so I looked it up!!

    Awesome List
    Hope you receive they lovelies soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my Sleepless review! I haven't read Fairytale but good to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the info about Across The Universe! I commented on the facebook page, so at least I'm in it to win it. :)

    ReplyDelete