Saturday, July 24, 2010

•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ wishlist




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here!




Reading level: Young Adult

Hardcover: 384 pages

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile (November 30, 2010)

ISBN-10: 0525423648
 
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
 
(product details & summary via amazon.com)


I tried so hard to get this book at ALA but they ran out :(
YA dystopic fiction is pretty much my favorite genre ever, and I can't wait to read this one.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love YA dystopian literature! This sounds like a fantastic read :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matched has an interesting cover. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting - not sure it's one I would pick up and read as I like my YA combined with paranormal, but I hope you get to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shield maiden- it's exciting stuff!

    @pussreboots- liked ur Bisbee Arizona pick; historical photos are simply fascinating to me

    @BCC- thanx:)
    I started out loving only paranormal YA too, and still veer towards it but dystopics like The Hunger Games and Uglies are just as exciting, romantic and addictive!

    ReplyDelete