Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection this week is:


Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Publication Date: August 3rd 2010

Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone.

12 comments:

  1. Great choice.
    The book sounds very promising and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! We have the same WoW for this week! It sounds great, doesn't it! I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally with you on this one, it just sound like a unique spin on the whole vamp genre. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a lot of posts about this book. :) Seems like an interesting take on vampires. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is starting to appear on a lot of blogs. I hope it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Welcome to WoW...so glad you're participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just keep adding more and more books to my list that I want to read. This is quite addictive. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sabrina- i love the cover too
    @Leanna- LOL! well of course we do, great minds do think alike u know ;)
    @Jan, @Tina- I too hope it's as interesting as it sounds
    @Jill- thanks Jill :)
    @Joy- lol, I know what u mean. My ever growing list isn't even all in one place either, since I'm a bit chaotic and not at all as organized as I'd like to be so I have to track down pieces of scrap paper sometimes, or switch between my goodreads and librarything accts to see all Ive added :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting. Plus, I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is certainly a reversal... we see most characters turning into vampires lately and NOT the other way round. Sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm kind of tired of vampires, but this books sounds very original!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am anxiously awaiting this book. I am definitely NOT tired of vampires. Love the blog and am now happily following. Shari
    myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete