Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it really work when you love your job?




the Library of Congress Reading Room
The annual ALA (American Library Association) conference is being held in our nation's capitol, and since I work as a public library assistant, I will be going. It's in Washington D.C. and this year will be my first time attending :D
I'm excited for so many reasons, but a major one is that I have always wanted to visit the numerous libraries, archives and museums there. What library-lover doesn't think about setting foot in the Library of Congress




And I've been dying to explore the Smithsonian since the 4th grade, ever since I saw Dinosaur Hall on a show.
http://photo2.si.edu/dino/dino.gif
There's also the monuments, and the Holocaust Museum, as well as seeing the Constitution, though I don't know if I'll actually have time to do all these things since it's a working trip, and the conference itself will be pretty exciting. I won't have Internet access though, so I may not post till I get back, which will be probably June 30th or so. Can't wait to see all the ALA exhibits and go to events - it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! The Library of Congress is awesome, especially the view of the Reading Room from the balcony! Remember to bring your camera and share pictures with us. I wish I could go, but I can't really travel this summer for my library. SLA and ACRL are both here in Philly next year so I hope I can attend one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALA sound like a great event, hope you will have fun.

    I recently moved my blog to a new url and would love to welcome you at my new home

    ReplyDelete