Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blog Tour: Masked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon Interview & Review

Published: May 25 2010 Pocket Books
Details: Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages  
isbn:  1439149631   
isbn13: 9781439149638
ALL SHE WANTS IS REVENGE.
New Orleans homicide detective Charlotte Caissie is dedicated to bringing down the crime boss responsible for her father’s murder. Using Jimmy Legere’s mysterious and irresistible right-hand man is a dangerous gamble, and not only due to his reputation as more monster than man. Because her feelings for Max Savoie are . . . complicated....
(summary via goodreads.com)

Review: 
If you like sexy shapeshifters and hawt werewolves, then look no further! Masked by Moonlight is the book 1 in a new paranormal trilogy by Nancy Gideon, featuring Charlotte Caissie and Max Savoie. Though Detective Charlotte Caissie is a tough woman on the NOPD force, her defensive exterior is no match for the mysteriously sexy Max.  Both of the characters have some serious wounds from their pasts, and they struggle with trusting each other and intimacy. But it's their challenges that also force them to come together, so it's worth it! Read on to hear from Nancy :D

Q&A with Nancy Gideon

1.     What was your inspiration for MASKED BY MOONLIGHT?

A:    The book (and the MOONLIGHT series) was built off a proposal for a werewolf story I was shopping around back in the early ‘90s.  When my Silhouette Romantic Suspense editor asked if I’d like to submit for their paranormal line, I remembered those chapters and decided to revisit them.  Well, somethings are set aside for a reason.  After several rounds of rewrites of both chapters and outline, my editor advised that they LOVED the prologue…but the rest had to go.  They wanted an entirely new book built on that prologue: new plot, new characters, new everything.  All I had to go on was a grisly murder by ‘otherworldly’ means in New Orleans. From that, I envisioned my heroine, Charlotte Caissie, a tough detective investigating the scene, going to question the UNusual suspect, Max Savoie, the mysterious right hand enforcer of a local crime boss.  Charlotte and Max have an unexplained history together.  I started writing.  In less than five days, I had  over seven chapters and couldn’t stop.  Let me preface this with the fact that I’m OCD and never work on a project without an extensive outline.  MASKED BY MOONLIGHT unfolded like I was watching a movie at the keyboard.  I never made a single note, never had an inkling of where it was going.  The characters told the story.  And before I heard back from that editor on the new proposal I sent her, I was finishing up the THIRD book of what was now a series!  Max and Cee Cee had a grander plan for their story than I’d imagined, a larger, darker book that was the threshold of a huge complex world that I couldn’t bare to trim or change for Silhouette.  But Pocket Books saw potential there and now I’ve just turned in the fourth of six contracted books. 
   
2. Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year?

A:    I’ll be signing books at the Romance Writers of America® conference at Disney in Orlando in July.  Taking a weeklong research trip to New Orleans in April used up the rest of my vacation time (but was sooooo worth it!).  Readers can keep up on where I’ll be both physically and virtually by checking my website at http://nancygideon.com/  or can sign up for my e-mail newsletter there.

3. Do you have a favorite paranormal creature?

A:    I was all about vampires from the time the campy soap opera Dark Shadows premiered until writing the eight book MIDNIGHT vampire romance series for Kensington and ImaJinn Books.  That kind of burned me out on the Type AB Negative hero.  I have a fondness for the more rough-and-tumble shape-shifters now.

4. What author would we find you reading when you’re not working?

A:    Dean Koontz is my absolute favorite.  I love the depth of his characters and the spice of the paranormal he puts into his books.  In romance I enjoy books by J. D. Robb and Kresley Cole.

5. What fictional book character are you crushing on?
A:    Werewolf Bowen MacRieve from Kresley Cole’s Immortals series.  The first thing I do when I get a book in the series is thumb through to see if he’s in it.  Sad, I know, but whatchu gonna do. Grrrrowl.

    My MOONLIGHT series is unique in that it features the same hero and heroine, Max and Charlotte in the first four books of the series and then they’ll continue as strong secondary characters in subsequent books.  Pocket has the books coming out back-to-back-to-back so readers won’t have to wait for more.  MASKED BY MOONLIGHT is available in June, CHASED BY MOONLIGHT in July and CAPTURED BY MOONLIGHT in August, with BOUND BY MOONLIGHT (tent. Title) waiting to be scheduled as soon after as possible.    
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

    For a taste of MASKED BY MOONLIGHT, check out my book trailer:
Thanks Nancy! 
~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment