Thursday, April 8, 2010

Read-a-Thon Activity #4: Clear Out the Pack Rat Mentality & the TBR

Today's event is by Alyssa at Teens Read and Write, and is about keeping your TBR or  
To Be Read/Reviewed list down to a reasonable size 
here are the questions and my answers:

1.) Is there at least one book on your growing TBR that has been there forever and (if you were honest) you could give up without to much trauma?
 
Yep, especially since a bunch are library books that I've already renewed once so those are going back when I return next week. Also, there are a couple I own that I haven't yet read so I'll be using them as upcoming giveaways soon.

2.) What is your latest "Gotta Have It" book? (that you can get once you've given up that one in question #1)
 
The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan! And having too many books on my current TBR is exactly why I've put off buying it for now.
 
http://gravesok.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/dead-tossed-waves1.jpg


3.) What are your classics - you're 'comfort books' that you never want to give up?
 
All my hardcovers because I only buy in hardback once I've read and loved the story. If I absolutely loved it, then I buy it in hardcover to collect and so I can re-read it. Those are also the copies I try and get signed when I go to an author's signing event.
 

4.) What are your best tips for keeping that TBR in check?


  • Don't buy more books if you already have 3 unread new books.
  • Review the books within a week of reading them; this way story is still fresh and your notes to self about it still make sense! lol
  • If you buy or win a book and you still haven't read it within 6 months, use it for a giveaway or pass it along to a friend or someone you know that really wants to read it. 
  • If it's an ARC you got for review and it looks like you're not gonna get to even read it before its release, you should pass it along to someone you know who can review it before the release date! Because come on people, those are meant to help an author out for promotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment