Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Read-A-Thon Activity #3: Share the Blog Love

Wednesday, April 7


 
With new blogs popping up all the time, it is so hard to keep track with them all. So for today's activity, we are sharing about blogs love.

Below are 3 blogs I follow and why I love 'em :)

  • The Book Smugglers - Run by Ana and Thea, The Book Smugglers' site is always bumpin', always exciting! Their site was one of the first book blogs I ever visited in early to mid 2008 though I almost never commented at the time because I felt shy (yes, even on the internet!).  AND then I won a giveaway. I was astounded but forever hooked, lol! The book was a YA faery book by Holly Black called Tithe and I went on to read the whole series by her. If you haven't visited their site before you can find them at http://thebooksmugglers.com/

  • Strange & Random Happenstance - Elizabeth's (aka Miss Eliza's) blog covers "Books, Blogs, Brits, and Banalities". I love her unabashed love of british comedy as well as her appreciation of geek humor (b/c I too <3 geeking out). Though I'm most interested in her YA reviews, I often find great discussions going on. You can find her at: http://strange-and-random-happenstance.blogspot.com/

  • Bitten by Books - My 3 favorite genres are Paranormal Fiction, YA, and Romance, and no one covers all 3 of these as well as BBB! Founded by Rachel Smith, BBB excels at book realease fun. Their giveaways are crazy good! AND they host author chats almost every day!! I've chatted or gotten to ask an interview question with Charlaine Harris, Melissa Marr, Patricia Briggs, and many others this year alone. Plus, if you love romance or sexy books then BBB has great reviews & daily chats you'd love too. I dare you to enter a contest and not get hooked, lol: http://bittenbybooks.com/


Finally, I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Bookworming in the 21st Century by Kristen because even though you all know her blog (since she's one of the hosts of this Read-a-Thon), it is one of my faves. She was nice enough to post some encouragement and offer advice when I assumed no one but me had seen this blog, lol. So if you're not already following her, do it! :D

4 comments:

  1. I Bella, I stopped by to check out your three blogs, and surprise, I find that you are new to me, so I get four new blogs instead of three. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cindy- thnx and welcome Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jan- I'm loving this Read-a-thon activity too! It's the best thing I've done in a while and all the new blogs Im finding is exciting.

    ReplyDelete