Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Clear Away the Clutter Readathon: April 5-11th Activity #1

While visiting Bookworming in the 21st Century and The Neverending Shelf I decided to participate in their Clear Away the Clutter Read-A-Thon.

Basically I'm setting a goal to read through my pile of books 
which you can see here:




here are a couple of places where I have my books stashed...






in the book cases,






 and on random tables....
                 




then there are the library books on top of the footlocker (which is full of more books I own)


 ..but my biggest clue I have a book hoarding *ahem* I mean a book loving issue is the fact that I must stash a few under my bed so the boyfriend doesn't catch on to new acquisitions, lol  :")

Now, lest you judge my beloved boyfriend and say to yourselves, "what kind of jerk doesn't welcome mOrE bOoKS?!", well let me also confess: I collect comics & graphic novels as well!


 uh-huh.... yep. I'm a book geek.

So part two of this challenge is to make a plan, and here goes mine:

1. Read all 4 books I need to review this month

2. Read the other 4 library books that I've re-newed more than 2 times
3. Suck it up read at least one of the long eBooks I haven't read (because I dont yet have an eReader & hate sitting at my desktop)
  
And now for part 3, which is get to reading! I know I only plan to read 10 books total in this  week but my sister's wedding is Saturday and her rehearsal dinner is the Friday before so it's gonna be a crazy, busy week for me. I just hope I can make it to my goal of these 10 cuz that alone would really be a big difference on my stuffed shelves :)
As for the Clear Away the Clutter Readathon, click on the link to sign up if you wanna participate. You don't even have to have a blog, y'all!


3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous at the amount of books you own. That's a lot of books under your bed...do you ever find random books IN your bed? I know that sounds weird, but every time I lose a book, I pull away the covers and pillows and there it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! yep, sometimes I fall asleep reading & they fall to the floor. I wonder if an eReader would survive me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw Lizzy, I almost forgot: I saw you're Team GALE!
    yay Gale! lol

    ReplyDelete