Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Lovin' me some Patricia Briggs novels, y'all

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
When working the reference desk at work, I get a feel for certain books that just start to grow in popularity right before my eyes. Well, the Patricia Briggs books certainly fit that category. I've been getting patrons come in all the time asking for "the Mercy Thompson books" but as I already have huge tbr list, I kept putting off picking them up. Finally my curiosity kicked in and I googled "Patricia Briggs book 1" to put it on hold on my library account, but I didn't realize there were 2 series going :")Long story short, I read "Cry Wolf" book 1 of her Alpha and Omega series which is set in the Mercy Thompson world but not the same series itself. It doesn't matter though because I LOVED this book and went right on to read book 2 last night!! Since there aren't any more books in the series yet, I'm getting Moon Called (book 1 of the Mercy Thompson novels) this week so I can catch up on that series too. The writing and story are awesome and Anna Latham, the A&O heroine, had a fascinating life that includes weres, fae, & vamps. Sookie Stackhouse fans will love it.



2 comments:

  1. I love the Mercy Thompson series. The Alpha and Omega series is good to. But Im addicted to Adam, in the Mercy Thompson series. Im waiting for the next book in BOTH series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't gotten Moon Called yet but I will definitely be on the lookout for Adam when I do on Thursday:)

    ReplyDelete